5.09.2010

Shapes and Lines

I had a blast working on Preston Blair studies today. Mainly focused on lines and shapes and how mastering each one really makes or breaks your drawing ability. I still think I'm working too slow, but I'm enjoying it all and learning a lot so I can't complain.


Claude and his turtle on a global trek.


I think all of the time I spend reading John K's Blog is starting to sink in a la Gilligan and Stimpy.


I'm just loving coming up with weird action scenes to throw this little hero in the midst.


A little punk I doodled while on the phone.


Before I really started focusing on drawing, I used to draw pinup girls all the time. I think I'm gonna start doing that more often again.


I thought I'd mentioned the Pencil Test Depot before, but it looks like I haven't. One of my favorite things to do between drawings or when I get free time is watch old Pencil Tests especially ones done by Milt Kahl. One of the best resources out there is the Pencil Test Depot. It's run by a great artist too, Jamaal Bradley. If you ever wanna feel extra inspired and inadequate at the same time watch some of the pencil tests hes posted. Thanks for the inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment