6.01.2010

Yo ho, yo ho!

Lately I almost have to be listening to music in order to really get into the drawing zone. Something about the rhythm helps me to focus and free me up at the same time. I wonder if other people get this same way about drawing. That being said I wonder how that translates into people who work for large studios. I hope they all get a set of headphones when then get the job.



Claude and his turtle cycling.


Gilligan getting ready for his next boxing match.

Thinking our little hero was dead already, and smelling delicious, the odorous swine coated his meal in a sweet marinade.


Pirate a Day


I'm pretty sure as a little kid the first thing I wanted to be when I grew up was a Pirate. Not much has changed. Except that I now know being a pirate isn't as respectable as it once was. That still hasn't stopped me from being fascinated with all things piratesque. You can imagine how much I loved the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy. I used to go to Disneyland on a fairly regular basis, and after I got over my childhood fascination with It's a Small World (I loved Mary Blair's style even back then), I would always make sure I could go on the Pirates ride and the Haunted Mansion. Marc Davis' style is irresistibly appealing to me, and to that end the style used in the pirates movies. Thanks for the Inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment